It’s common for individuals to not know what they must expect from bail bonds until their loved one or they are arrested. That’s why often they ask some questions regarding bail, the process of bonding, how to contact a bail bond company, and the costs associated with it. Here, some questions like these will be answered to help you learn more about bail bonds.
How Can A Person Get Bail Bond?
There’re 4 ways by which an individual can be released from jail.
- You may use a bail bondsman.
- You may post money for the entire amount of the bail bond with the jail or court.
- You may use your property (like a home) with the court.
- And finally the judge of the court can choose to let the accused go on their own bail.
From these options, hiring bail bondsmen is considered to be the best option.
What Should A Person Know Before Contacting A Bail Bondsman?
There’s some info that a bail bondsman will necessitate to assist you:
- Where’s the individual in custody? (Ensure that you ask the individual in custody where they’re positioned including the town, state, and the jail’s name).
- What’s the booking number and full name of the individual in jail? The bail bondsman will require this info to get in touch with the jail. The bail bondsman can get the number of booking for you if you overlook it or if it wasn’t available.
- How much will be the bail amount? The bail bondsman will obtain this info when they get in touch with the jail if you don’t have that. With bail amount, the bail bonds agent will be able to inform you the amount it’ll cost for posting a bond and needs to get the individual out of jail.
Does An Individual Get Their Money Back After Finishing Of The Case?
There’re some exemptions to this except you don’t get the premium back you’ve paid to the bonding office. This cost is what permitted the accused to get free from jail and is earned fully once the accused is out of jail. For instance, if the accused gets arrested again one week later, you’ll get neither portion nor refund. If the bail bondsman fails living up to his end of the agreement only then you can get a refund.
The final note
When finding a bail bondsman, you just have to make sure to contact a reputable one to ensure a great service.